Re: Don't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 until they fix the Screen! Verizon Fails to Support Warranty!
Consumer007

I am prepared to initiate a class action lawsuit against Samsung for the screen issues. I recently had a 'hairline' crack in my phone the first week of June. The phone was dysfunctional at this point. Verizon wanted $200 to repair it and stated the crack would constitute 'physical damage' and would subsequently violate the warranty policy. I had the phone repaired at a local phone repair facility the same day for $200. Just two months later I went to answer my phone which was in my pocket and upon retrieving the phone from my pocket, I noticed yet another hairline crack in the replacement. I wasn't able to answer because the screen is defective once again, and it will cost another $200 to have it repaired yet again. The owner of the repair facility directed me to avoid Samsung phones at all costs due to this manufacturing flaw. My phone is encased within an expensive protective case as well as having a tempered glass cover over the screen. Simply having the phone in my pocket by itself should NOT be a reason for this screen to fail. This is unacceptable and after having reviewed the endless posts on the Internet with Samsung screen issues, I'm ready to move forward. I called Verizon and they directed me to Samsung. I then called Samsung and spoke with two individuals concerning this issue. A Samsung rep said the following to me: 'Well, you and I are old enough and mature enough to know what the goal is of any corporation'. I'm not surprised at this heinous statement after finding out what I did recently regarding Samsung screen issues. And no, 'profit' by ripping off the consumer through poor quality component parts is NOT the goal of all corporations. That's called corporate greed and because of it, these companies ultimately end up paying huge fines and legal fees in the long run. If you agree that a class action law suit is overdue, please reply. I will begin this process immediately once I know I have the full support of the remainder of the consumers out there who are being ripped off. 

0 Likes
Re: Don't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 until they fix the Screen! Verizon Fails to Support Warranty!
speakoutshout

Yea this is a great idea! I just heard that GALAXY S5 is going to dominate

the phone market. If it is anything like the S4, than people should sit up

and take notice. The screen will be even larger and thus more prone to

these spontaneous fractures. What really irks me is how useless warranties

are and how companies try so hard to wiggle out. In the end you can't trust

a warranty. How about companies get back to making good quality long

lasting products again? Consumers have had enough of shoddy high priced

products backed up by worthless warranties!

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 9:23 PM, Consumer007 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

"Manufacturing flaw"?  Where is the proof that this exists? Without it you have no chance. Having the backing of the "remainder of the consumers" gets you nothing. 30 million units out there and lets say there are 3000 cracked screens, (highly inflated)  that's only one in every 10,000 units produced. How can there be a manufacturing flaw? Your CA won't get off the ground.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Not applicable

No class actions allowed per decision of the US Supreme Court.

Nice try though!

You may be able to sue Samsung. Verizon is not responsible for damages or defects in a device they don't make.

Another nice try.

Good Luck

Consumer007

Yes that's why I said 'against Samsung'- see my post.

0 Likes
Consumer007

The proof? The proof is when I put the phone in my pocket, then a minute later retrieve it to answer a call and the screen is cracked. 30mil units? If that's the case, then I highly, highly doubt your estimate of 3,000 is 'highly inflated'. That's ok, GM said the same thing. And they're getting ready to pay out billions. Keep an eye out...

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

That is not proof of a manufacturing defect, that proof that you have a phone with a cracked screen.

Not applicable

My apologies. It does say Samsung.

Good Luck

rcschnoor
Legend

Klue wrote:

That is not proof of a manufacturing defect, that proof that you have a phone with a cracked screen.

Good point!

What if I have a phone laying on the table, hit it with a hammer and then a few minutes later pick it up and it has a cracked screen? Is it still only proof of a cracked screen, or can THAT be a manufacturing defect???

B33
Legend

Ha.! B33

0 Likes