Does Verizon still have a back up to the cloud service?
steve4810A

How can I find out if I am enrolled? And if I am, what all is backed up?  my phone is acting hinky. and thinking of a "master reset" but don't want to loose contacts, pictures and music.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does VZ still have a back up to the cloud service? and if so How can I find out if I am enrolled? And if I am, what all is backed up?
Snn5
Legend

Verizon still has a backup to the Cloud service.  Its included in the more everything plan and most other plans have at least 5GB of storage.  You could find out what features you have on your account in My Verizon.  Log in and look at apps and features and programs.  Alternatively, if you are using an Android phone and some others, you can use Google Gmail to backup contacts and Google Drive to backup all other files pics music and videos.  You can also back up your content to your PC.  DropBox and OneDrive are other alternatives with storage space.  Gmail gives you 15GB and OneDrive 15-30GB.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Does VZ still have a back up to the cloud service? and if so How can I find out if I am enrolled? And if I am, what all is backed up?
Snn5
Legend

Verizon still has a backup to the Cloud service.  Its included in the more everything plan and most other plans have at least 5GB of storage.  You could find out what features you have on your account in My Verizon.  Log in and look at apps and features and programs.  Alternatively, if you are using an Android phone and some others, you can use Google Gmail to backup contacts and Google Drive to backup all other files pics music and videos.  You can also back up your content to your PC.  DropBox and OneDrive are other alternatives with storage space.  Gmail gives you 15GB and OneDrive 15-30GB.

0 Likes
steve4810A

I see that there are a couple of backup services. How can I tell if I am enrolled in any of them on my Samsung Galaxy III? Can you tell me what specifically to look for? Where?

0 Likes
steve4810A

sorry.  I just saw where my reply should have been.

"I see that there are a couple of backup services. How can I tell if I am enrolled in any of them on my Samsung Galaxy III? Can you tell me what specifically to look for? Where?"

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you have Google Drive installed you're a part of it.  As far as Verizons Cloud, you'd just have to check your account.  Verizon's comes with most plans.  Check your features and apps in My Verizon to find out if your line is eligible:  Verizon Cloud FAQs | Verizon Wireless