Do unlocked phones from other carriers work when a Verizon SIM is inserted?
shelby_welch

My little sister was robbed last night in Spain and had her phone stolen - She has the Verizon SIM (thankfully it wasn't in the phone when she had it with her) and our cousin has an unlocked Galaxy S4 that she uses for T-Mobile & AT&T. Would this unlocked phone also work with a Verizon SIM or is the card set up differently? I would go into the store and ask them personally but I'm living in Italy currently so this is my only means of figuring this out! If the Verizon SIM does work in an unlocked T-Moble/AT&T phone that would be great, but we want to make sure that this would work before we go ahead and have it mailed from the U.S.

Any helpful tips would be great!

0 Likes
Re: Do unlocked phones from other carriers work when a Verizon SIM is inserted?
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

No.  You cannot use a phone from another carrier with a Verizon SIM card.  It will not work. 

She will need a Verizon branded phone.

Sorry to here about her unfortunate situation.

0 Likes
RonnieBlack2

Verizon does allow this with certain phones, per Verizons home page..You have to call customer support and or go into a Verizon store to see what phones can and can't.

0 Likes
androidfreak
Contributor - Level 1

Very few, if any unlocked phones work on Verizon. Easiest way is to find a Verizon wireless branded phone.

0 Likes
Not applicable

RonnieBlack2 wrote:

Verizon does allow this with certain phones, per Verizons home page..You have to call customer support and or go into a Verizon store to see what phones can and can't.

Those phones would have to support CDMA and very few phones( if any ) from other carriers do. T-Mobile and At&T use GSM not CDMA so there is no reason for their pones to have these radios in them.

0 Likes