Do not disurb not working for software update
Shannonwa

I have a Samsung Galaxy 5 that the do not disturb function doesn't work for the initial second of the sound notification when a new software update is available. Verizon's updates happen around the midnight hour for me when I'm sleeping and have do not disturb on. The only exceptions for do not disturb that I have on are phone calls and alarms. When a software update happens the notification sound plays for half a second then goes silent like it was exited there was an update but then remembered the do not disturb function is on. No priority apps are on the exception list. The phone was last updated 30 minutes ago. I've only had the phone since the last 3 updates of which all 3 did the same half second notification.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Any suggestions on how to fix?

0 Likes
Re: Do not disurb not working for software update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us with your concern, Shannonwa. We want to make sure we understand what is going on. Is your feature for do not disturb working correctly with the exception for Software Update notifications? Are any other features not working with the device?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of a working and fully updated device. Have you tried resetting your selections on the Do Not Disturb Setting? What steps have you already taken in order to resolve this issue?

TabithaJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Shannonwa

The do not disturb function works fine with the exception of the software update; no sounds from emails, texts or anything else just the main software update patches. I manually turn it on and off and don't use a schedule. I'm not sure how you want me to reset it. I unchecked and rechecked the boxes. Here is a photo of my settings and phone info.

Do not disturb.jpg

0 Likes