Do I need Verizon to unlock my Galaxy S8 to use local carrier SIM Card in South Korea?
DANCLO10

I am moving to South Korea. I was told I need to have Verizon "unlock" the phone before using a local carrier SIM Card while in country. I have a Galaxy S8. Is this true?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Do I need Verizon to unlock my Galaxy S8 to use local carrier SIM Card in South Korea?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello DANCLO10. Thanks for reaching out to us regarding your phone . I know it's important to get your phone working. Our 4g phones are not locked. You will need to reach out to your local carrier in South Korea or the phones manufacture.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response  answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my  response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks  in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Do I need Verizon to unlock my Galaxy S8 to use local carrier SIM Card in South Korea?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello DANCLO10. Thanks for reaching out to us regarding your phone . I know it's important to get your phone working. Our 4g phones are not locked. You will need to reach out to your local carrier in South Korea or the phones manufacture.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response  answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my  response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks  in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes