Disappointed with S5
duff_735
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bought an S5 a couple months ago and have become disenchanted with it. My wife has one as well and has not experienced the issues I have, although she's not what you would call a power user, and I'm wondering if I just got a lemon. Would appreciate your feedback.

From the first day it has been very buggy and unreliable. It lags, stutters and a couple times a week it freezes altogether. The thing that bugs me most, however, is that it cuts in and out when I'm listening to music. Doesn't matter if I'm streaming over wi-fi or listening to music stored on my device. Also doesn't matter if I'm using wired or wireless headphones. Music cuts in and out, pauses, restarts, crackles, etc.

Do I just have a lemon or is this typical of this phone? At this point I'd pay good money to have my old HTC Droid DNA back. Not as fast as today's phones but it just worked when I needed it to.

Secondly, I've had it about two months, am I outside any kind of warranty or return period?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Disappointed with S5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello duff.735,

Help is here for you! Let's get your device working properly. Let's start with is there any physical/liquid damage on the device? Also, what software version do you have installed? If there has been any recent changes to the device then please share as this may help us discover the root cause of the issue.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
duff_735
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello. The device has been in an Otterbox since purchase and is in pristine condition -- no damage whatsoever. Android version is 4.4.2.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information duff.735! Let's make sure that no third party applications are impacting performance. Please test the phone in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1nTXGcw and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
duff_735
Enthusiast - Level 3

Running in safe mode for 12+ hours now. No change. Lags. Stutters. Music stops and starts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

duff.735,

Thanks for testing in safe mode! What music app are you using on the device? Is it only lagging when using tihs application or others as well?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
duff_735
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only music app I use is Google Play. It doesn't matter if I stream, or play music stored on my device. Also doesn't matter if I'm listening via wired or wireless headphones. Never had any problems with Google Play on my old HTC Droid DNA.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this info, duff.735. It is possible that there may be a software issue your phone. Before trying a factory reset try Wiping the Cache Partition. Use these steps to access this option:  http://vz.to/1uorSMg

Let us know if you notice a difference with your devices performance. Thank you!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSUupport

0 Likes
duff_735
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wiped cache. No change. I've already done two factory resets since I've owned the phone (suggested by Verizon). It is time for a replacement. I don't care if it's used or refurbished, I just want it to work. Please authorize a replacement and let me know how to proceed. Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching back out to us, duff.735. Let's review the rest of this info, and assist with your device. Please accept my Follow request, and Follow me back. When you have a moment, please send me a DM to assist further. Thank you.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes