Re: Disable wifi direct on Galaxy S8
Hereathome

Please see posts 3 and 6 above.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate your efforts so far, Hereathome. I am confident we will get to the bottom of this matter. Based on my research I did confirm there is no switch to turn WiFi Direct on or off. Enabling and disabling WiFi would enable and disable WiFi direct. I know you mentioned there was a second phone that has WiFi Direct disabled while connected to WiFi. Can you please clarify what indicator you're seeing on the second phone that gave you this impression? If possible please send us a screenshot of the second phone's settings where it shows WiFi Direct is disabled. Also, can you please confirm if the second phone is a Verizon branded device.Thank you in advance.

AnthonyC_vzw
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Hereathome

This is the other S8 phone purchased at the same time and they are both on the Verizon network. If I tap on Wi-Fi Direct it is visible to the other S8. If I go back to WiFi it is not visible to the other phone so therefore it appears to be off. I don't know if the "Box" around the WiFi Direct is significant on the original phone I spoke about.

Screenshot_20170826-160937.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hereathome, we appreciate your efforts so far. Let's make sure that we can get the answers that you deserve. We've sent you a Private Message to gather more information. Please check your inbox at your earliest convenience so we can work through this together.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Hereathome

Thanks for your help and persistence. It is appreciated.  I will respond to your  PM.  Have a nice day.

0 Likes
ZAWAPRZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

READ WHAT PEOPLE ASK FOR .. NOT WIFI, BUT WIFI-DIRECT!!

edwardb13
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also wanting to disable this wifi direct, after mistakenly enabling it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, edwardb13. We are here to help you get this disabled, do you also have a Samsung Galaxy S8?

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
edwardb13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oops.

Looks like mine is an S9.

I thought it was an 8

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's fine. Please use the information in the link below to turn off your WiFi on your S9: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216744/ ChristopherS_VZW

0 Likes