Re: Digital Secure battery drain
Hosrow
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't get it. Why is GinaU of Verizon trying to blame on you and your apps when so many others including myself have experienced the huge increase starting in the past couple of days. It does not take a genius to conclude that Verizon has done something after the 1st of September to this app to make it go crazy. 

bhoff32
Enthusiast - Level 1

this has started happening to my phone since my latest update a few days ago. It drains very fast. Having to charge several times a day now!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bhoff32, if you noticed this issue after the update, then it may have had a small quirk in it to make it perform this way. Once you do an app updates, it's best to also check for software updates as well. Since updates can not be reversed when completed, and we want you to have the best device experience:  http://vz.to/1Isp89s will be updated if new software becomes available with a fix for that issue. At this time, we don't have an exact date that it will be released but you may keep checking the link.

-TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
sfinger100
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have same problem also. Digital secure is usually number 1 on the list by percentage of battery usage. I can't figure out how to open the app and turn it off either

0 Likes
sfinger100
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just saw how to open the app. Funny thing is it is not even Activated as the choice is to pick a paid plan or the free one and then click Activate. So it's using all this battery even though it isn't activated??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to make sure your battery is working at its best, sfinger100. Are you able to disable Digital Secure? This would be in Settings, Apps, scroll to Digital Secure, Disable. These steps will prevent the app from being used and draining your battery.

NicoleR_VZW

0 Likes
sfinger100
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I did disable it but of course if it's an app that protects my security shouldn't it be fixed so I can use it?  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How does your device perform in safe mode?

0 Likes
sfinger100
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why would I run in Same Mode? Since I have disabled the app my battery usage has dropped. significantly.

Maybe Verizon should fix the app since like others this only started happening recently.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sfinger100, Safe Mode will disable all third party apps. We just want to ensure it's an app causing this to happen, vs. the actual phone/hardware. However, if you're saying it's better since you disabled the security, that's likely the cause. We can certainly lift this up to our Developers to try and get this resolved as quickly as possible. 

Please let me know if you decide to run the phone in Safe Mode, and if you notice more significant changes. 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes