Digital Secure battery drain
ReeCeeRob
Enthusiast - Level 1

Digital Secure has started draining my S10 battery, accounting for a third of all battery usage today. Is any of it essential?

Labels (1)
Re: Digital Secure battery drain
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can certainly assist with your concerns, ReeCeeRob. To clarify, is the Digital Secure app and software on your phone fully up-to-date? Has this app recently started draining the battery?

KourtneyC_VZW

0 Likes
TomS11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you get this figured out? This app is killing my battery life, too.

ReeCeeRob
Enthusiast - Level 1

It was doing a scan every time I received a message, which is where I think the drain was. I went into the app, clicked Settings from the menu, Security and Privacy, and unclicked Messages, so it no longer scanned them. Did not have issues with it draining my battery after that.

gadget_
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem, it just started doing this in the last day out two.

I used to be able to get a full day out of the battery but it's so bad now I am having to charge in less than 6 hours.

In battery usage it is at the top of the list at 59.1%. the next item is Firefox at 6.1%.

This is horrible and a serious problem.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a battery that you can depend on is necessary. Gadget, I'd like to gather a few details to best assist. Has there been any recent changes to your device software or apps? How long have you been using your device?

Can you please run an Android Device Health Check and share the results with us here via screenshot?

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
tlamos1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot open the app to change settings. It shows up under my list of apps but when I click open it just shows me the digital secure with a logo and nothing else. It's used almost 15% of my battery so far and it's 9:30am. It was 100% four hours ago. 

tlamos1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I finally figured out how to get the app to open. It was set to scan every morning after I had removed it from the charger. I changed my time of day to the middle of the night and also unchecked the text messages. I hope this solves this issue. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tlamos1,

I'm glad that you have gotten the settings adjusted. That will help out for sure. If you do continue to have trouble, please reach out and let us know. We are always happy to help!

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
LlamaGodS
Enthusiast - Level 1

How did you get the app to open? I am having the same issue.