Did not get full KitKat features when downloaded to Galaxy S4
BossaNova

I loaded 4.4.2 on my Galaxy S4 yesterday, but other than a change in my notification bar, there are no changes in the display, icons or phone.  It did add Isis and a couple of other apps, but that's it.  Suggestions about how I can remedy this?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Did not get full KitKat features when downloaded to Galaxy S4
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How odd.  You won't like this suggestion, but you may want to remove the SD card, back everything up, and then do a factory data reset.  That may clear out any leftover code from the previous OS and get things working right.  Or call Technical Support and see if they have other suggestions.

Technical Support

Dial *611 from a cell phone

(800) 922-0204

Monday - Sunday 6 am - 11 pm

press 3 at the prompt

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here's information about the changes that occurred to the S4 with the KitKat update:

Here are the Massive Changelogs for the Verizon Galaxy S4 Kit Kat Update | Droid Life

0 Likes
BossaNova

Thank you.  I read through the info on that link, and it shows how many of the new functions I did NOT get when 4.4.2 downloaded.  Is there a way to re-install KitKat?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How odd.  You won't like this suggestion, but you may want to remove the SD card, back everything up, and then do a factory data reset.  That may clear out any leftover code from the previous OS and get things working right.  Or call Technical Support and see if they have other suggestions.

Technical Support

Dial *611 from a cell phone

(800) 922-0204

Monday - Sunday 6 am - 11 pm

press 3 at the prompt

0 Likes
BossaNova

You may be right that the factory reset is the best option.  Dang!  Talked to Tech Support who conferenced in Samsung.  No answers other than suggestion to go to Best Buy with Samsung and have them reinstall KitKat (sure that means a factory reset).  My colleague at work has the identical phone I have and had the same problem when she downloaded KitKat yesterday.  Maybe our planets are out of alignment.  That's about as reasonable explanation as any.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Best Buy's Samsung's reps can install the update from their computer to your phone without the FDR. I twill be just like having it pushed to your device

0 Likes