Did VZW disable the Samsung Find My Mobile service on the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge?
hmorgan
Enthusiast - Level 3

If so, why - this is the only service that will put the device in Ultra-low power mode and allows custom text messages with ring to the screen.

Re: Did VZW disable the Samsung Find My Mobile service on the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge?
CHADMAN
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I had the same problem with this I contacted Samsung customer support. I was informed that Verizon Wireless has the option to customize their phones to meet their needs. They said that they already offered these features through Verizon support which is complete [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Re: Did VZW disable the Samsung Find My Mobile service on the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge?
CHADMAN
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is the Samsung pay all over again. So inconvenient does Verizon give you the option to ring your device when lost. Does Verizon give you the option to pinpoint the location of your phone so you could go pick it up if you misplace it. No they do not do any of these things Verizon fix this [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] immediately

Tidbits
Legend

It's called Android device Manager and it works the same way. Samsung piggybacks off that system.

hmorgan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually it's not the same as Android Device Manager.

Samsung Find My Mobile does the following (that ADM does not):

1. Allows you to remotely set the phone in Ultra-low power mode to extend life of the phone until you find it.
  2. Allows you to remotely switch the GPS of the phone on
  3. Allows you to send a custom text message to the screen of the phone while ringing (e.g. Phone is lost. Please call xxx-xxx-xxxx)

I want this feature reenabled on the phone as ADM or VZ are not duplicating these features in their service. Plus this is free and provided by Samsung for all their phones (if the carrier would stop messing with the feature set).

Tidbits
Legend

ADM does 2 of those 3...  It doesn't allow you to remotely switch the GPS on, but if your phone is locked they can't shut off GPS anyway

FYI I used ADM to track my grand daughter.

CHADMAN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung has find my mobile app in the works. To put a stop to Verizon and Sprints nonsense. I agree that ADM is not near as good as SFMM. That being said you still get some features. Like wipe my Samsung pay and lock phone. All is well that ends well, I guess.

0 Likes
BradRobins
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes Verizon did block Find My Mobile.  I just spent 2 hours on the phone with both Samsung and Verizon, an hour of that as a 3 way call with both.  Verizon has blocked the service and has give the technicians no indications of why.  I would agree with many of the other comments.  I much prefer Find My Mobile and I am extremely disappointed in Verizon for blocking the feature without disclosing that.  I am seriously considering taking my S7 back and going back to my S6.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hmorgan, having the ability to find your phone in the uneventful situation of losing it is a must. Although Samsung Find my Mobile is not something that is offered at this time, we do have Verizon Support & Protection which shields against lost, damage or stolen. Click here for more information. http://spr.ly/6588Bg2Gr

0 Likes
hmorgan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm really appalled to hear that Verizon Wireless disabled this feature in the phone that I paid full retail price.

And then has the "gall" to come on the board and shill for a paid version that does less than the free version (i.e. FindMyMobile).

Maybe in the future I will look to buy my phone and service elsewhere!

I've just canceled the Total Protection Plan monthly on this line due to this outrageous "shill".