Device Options
woody471

Yesterday my phone started acting weird.  The Device Options page keeps appearing at random (in apps and outside apps).  Additionally, the power button does not seem to work.  I installed the update a few weeks ago and haven't had any glitches until this.  I tried the factory reset and the problem is still there.  Does this mean it is a hardware issue? Or is there a known issue?  I did not drop the phone or have any water issues.  This stinks.

0 Likes
Re: Device Options
B33
Legend

Once you updated to the OS  did your apps get updated as well there could be one of them that could be causing the issues if your on Jelly Bean most of the apps should adjust to it but there might be a Stragglers that could be causing the issue you might make sure all your apps are up to Date...

0 Likes
woody471

all apps were up to date after the OS update.  same after the factory reset.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I re-read your post and seen were the power button isn't functioning as it should).  How long has your power button been doing this!  has it been just lately or for some time, why i asked there could be a possible short in the button and it's causing the anomaly.. 

0 Likes