Deleting cookies
__Jerry__
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can anyone confirm that the S4's default browser won't delete cookies? I'm developing a mobile web page where the user can set a cookie. However, once the cookie is set, I can't delete it via the Settings/Privacy/Delete personal data page.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Deleting cookies
__Jerry__
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was using "Internet." The cookie redirected the user a our full web site. A friend helped with the solution: apparently I had the page open in more than one window. Somehow that prevented the cookie from being deleted. Thanks for the replies!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Knitter11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Jerry,

You are correct. The settings require a manual erase of history/cookies/etc. There is no ability to default it to erase all that when closing the browser, like other browsers allow.

Knitter1

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which default browser are you using. The S4 comes with "Internet" and "Chrome" pre-installed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
__Jerry__
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was using "Internet." The cookie redirected the user a our full web site. A friend helped with the solution: apparently I had the page open in more than one window. Somehow that prevented the cookie from being deleted. Thanks for the replies!

0 Likes