Deleted emails keep reappearing on Galaxy S6 Edge...
mtnbikersmith

Stock android email app on Galaxy S6 Edge - Deleted emails keep reappearing even after deletion off server.  Using the most recent version of activesync.  Anyone else have this issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Deleted emails keep reappearing on Galaxy S6 Edge...
Mike8972
Contributor - Level 1

I had the same problem and raised it as an issue a few weeks ago.  First thing is drop your number of emails exposed to 25 and that should help the old emails coming up at the bottom.  Delete old emails from your server as you say you did.  Don't understand why they would come back if you delete them from your server.  I found as I was acquiring fresh emails on my Galaxy S6 Edge, and keeping them to make the 25 showings, that the problem went away.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Mike8972
Contributor - Level 1

I had the same problem and raised it as an issue a few weeks ago.  First thing is drop your number of emails exposed to 25 and that should help the old emails coming up at the bottom.  Delete old emails from your server as you say you did.  Don't understand why they would come back if you delete them from your server.  I found as I was acquiring fresh emails on my Galaxy S6 Edge, and keeping them to make the 25 showings, that the problem went away.

0 Likes
mtnbikersmith

Thanks Mike,  Interestingly, Verizon issued an update within the last 24-48 hours.  Once I updated, the "stuck" emails went away.  Also interestingly, when I called Verizon and got to tier 2 support, they said they were not hearing any other reports of this happening.  I am hopeful this was simply a bug that has now been fixed.  As an FYI, If I deleted the account and added it back in the emails would permanently disappear...UNTIL....a new one would get stuck in my inbox and keep reappearing as described above.

0 Likes
Mike8972
Contributor - Level 1

"..they said they were not hearing any other reports of this happening"

I love it when one is told that it's the first time they ever heard of a problem.  I can't tell you how many times I have heard that in all the different issues I have raised with various companies.

0 Likes
Cassidyrae621
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue with deleted emails continuously reappearing. Also using the stock generic email program. Will try uninstalling/reinstalling.

0 Likes