Delay Update
budleitz

Is there a way to delay the update more than 24 HR?  I don't want to deal with the update that is being pushed out to my S4 right now in case I have some of the issues that are being reported.  How can I stop the reminder that pops up every day?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Delay Update
Not applicable

Yes there should be a way. Check this link out.

http://www.droidviews.com/remove-bloatware-android-device-using-debloater-tool/

<<Moderator Note: Participants may post hypertext links to content hosted and maintained by third parties. Verizon Wireless has no obligation to monitor these linked sites, and is not responsible for them. Accessing any such linked sites is done entirely at the user's own risk. >>

0 Likes
ZR1Tom

I just got off a long chat with a Verizon tech support and while he admitted there are certainly people experiencing problems, sadly there is no way to avoid the update message.  In my case I am going to just keep clicking around it and hope I don't "butt" dial the update.

0 Likes
mik358
Enthusiast - Level 1

After my S4 downloaded part1 of the update either accidentally or automatically - not sure - it gave me the option of proceeding to pt2 of the update or 'no thanks'. After choosing 'no thanks' you are given the option of going to settings>more>software update if to you want to download part2 of the update.The notification goes away and so far since part1 downloaded(5/9) it has not come back. Part 1 updates Android applications with no changes updated in the UI to Lollipop.

0 Likes
jrh0828
Contributor - Level 1

All you have to do is delay the update until the next day.  I've been doing it since October.  I'm still on 4.4.2.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The S4 hasn't even been a month on 5.0.  How many updates have you missed since October? 

0 Likes
jrh0828
Contributor - Level 1

At least three--NG6, NK1 and 5.0. Four if you count 5.0.1.  I read the hundreds of community posts about big problems that began with NG6 and have been delaying ever since. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Never could do that.  Too much being over-cautious about mis-tapped choices and paranoia.

0 Likes