Defective updates verizons way of getting us to buy new phones, I think the Justice department needs to investigate.
JOMED76
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are updates destroying our cell phones .

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Defective updates verizons way of getting us to buy new phones, I think the Justice department needs to investigate.
Tidbits
Legend

Been happening for years. The problem is Verizon touches 0 of the code and they don't manufacture the devices. They do testing on the devices and they can't test every interference, downloaded software, and other numerous factors that can cause problems down to the installation of the OS. The more complex the more things can go wrong. Also been proven in court carriers make little if at all on the sale of the devices. Many times they do take a loss. Carriers actually don't want to sell devices but people expect them to do so.

So far to date the courts say carriers are not liable and manufacturers have a grace period to fix errors in the event they happen and it's up to them to fix them.

View solution in original post

Re: Defective updates verizons way of getting us to buy new phones, I think the Justice department needs to investigate.
espije6

Updates come from your phone's manufacturer and not from Verizon.

Maybe you can try to be more specific with the problem that you're having so we can help you.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Been happening for years. The problem is Verizon touches 0 of the code and they don't manufacture the devices. They do testing on the devices and they can't test every interference, downloaded software, and other numerous factors that can cause problems down to the installation of the OS. The more complex the more things can go wrong. Also been proven in court carriers make little if at all on the sale of the devices. Many times they do take a loss. Carriers actually don't want to sell devices but people expect them to do so.

So far to date the courts say carriers are not liable and manufacturers have a grace period to fix errors in the event they happen and it's up to them to fix them.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

What I would like to know is how long the s 5 was in the beta program for marshmallow or did Verizon do what they are doing with the s 7 and the nougat beta program

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Samsung didn't have a beta program last I remember until last year.

0 Likes
JOMED76
Enthusiast - Level 1

As soon as the update was implemented, the battery life was immediately greatly shortened. I think tidbit has enlightened me with his explanation. It's the phone manufacturer causing havoc.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I suspect that this is why Samsung stopped OS upgrades to the Galaxy S4 with Lollipop 5.0.1. The company decided that the S4 would have issues with newer OSs.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I think you maybe right I did a search on beta marshmallow and it keeps coming up with nougat.I really thought that they would do a beta on all the carriers because of all the bloatware that they All put in the phones.I do know for a fact that it only takes 1 app to mess a phone up.

0 Likes