Defect - screen sub surface crack
kayayer81

Dear Verizon,

I've been a verizon customer for a really long time and never have I been so displeased than I have with this s4.  From a software standpoint the phone was A+. From a manufacturing standpoint F.  I purchased my phone with a nice rubber case and treated this thing like it was my egg in middle school. Not once did I drop the phone. Not once did anything hit the screen. About a week after I purchased the phone the sub screen randomly cracked near the right button. This was not a surface crack.

So I give verizon a call to discuss my concern with the phone. Keep in mind this is less than 15 days after purchase.  The customer service person tells me its my fault and I need to either file a claim or purchase a new one.  So I think to myself hmm I've broken phones before. I've done the insurance claim but I didn't do anything to this phone. I went with it and filed the claim.

So I get my phone a few days later. A few days later while traveling on vacation the same thing happens. So now I'm without a phone for 5 days. Fun times.

When I return I got online and chatted with two customer service people explaining my frustration both telling me its my fault. One suggests for me to call samsung. Ok now I'm thinking maybe we're getting somewhere.

So I call samsung and explain my issue. I get forwarded up the chain to a gentlemen who tries to tell my its my fault it cracked because I had it in a case. Now I'm furious. To add humor to the situation I ask him if its necessary to carry the thing around in a man purse. He didn't like that question and very rudely ended the call.

So I decided to call verizon and again explain my frustration. I get forwarded up the food chain. The lady is nice but fortunately tells me the same thing I've been hearing all along. Sorry sir but its your fault. She says why don't you call samsung. I inform her of my bad experience. At this point she admits there are a large number and complaints being filed about the phone regarding durability issues and screen cracks.

I get that verizon doesn't want to pay for phones that are clearly a mfg issue but to sell a product that is defective and blame the customer is just bad business.

My girlfriends mom has the exact phone. She's dropped the phone a hundred times. On concrete on a tile floor etc. No issues. Why mine?

Signed very unhappy customer

0 Likes
Re: Defect - screen sub surface crack
Klue
Master - Level 1

It is not a defect, if it were then there would be tons of people on here complaining.  It's probably the way you are carring it. A thin phone that flexes is very supseptible to screen cracking.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Contact Samsung directly and see if they will repair it.  You will need an alternate device for the time the phone is been shipped to Samsung and back plus the repair time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Physical damage is almost never going to be deemed a manufacturers defect.  Some devices are just more fragile and/or susceptible to damage.  This is one of them.

0 Likes