Default Email app not working after update on 5/3 on S4. It checks mail but never downloads anything. Last updated screen stuck on date and time just before update
Cregan222

After the last update, the default email app is not working as expected. It can send email but when it checks email, it never downloads any new messages. The last updated display at the top of the screen shows that the last successful update was on 5/3 just before the update took place. I will probably just download an email app and can this one but thought I would ask in case there is an easy fix.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Default Email app not working after update on 5/3 on S4. It checks mail but never downloads anything. Last updated screen stuck on date and time just before update
gust334
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my S4, a little message "Master sync turned off" blinks at the bottom of the email app when I tried to manually sync.

On another thread, I discovered that you have to go into the settings toggle screen (swipe down from the top, hit the little four-square icon in the upper-right) and find "Sync".  That has to be turned back on.  For whatever reason, it was off on my phone after NC5 installed, and the email program needs it to be on.  Was it always there?  I don't know.

There is a separate sync setting that you can change inside the email app for each account... but they all cease functioning if the "Sync" is off.  So make sure the main "Sync" is on, and maybe that will restore your email function.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Default Email app not working after update on 5/3 on S4. It checks mail but never downloads anything. Last updated screen stuck on date and time just before update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's see how to get those emails flowing again, Cregan222. Is the trouble with your Gmail email or a different account? If you go to the email service's website directly, are new messages showing there? Any error messages when it tries for your email and doesn't succeed?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
gust334
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my S4, a little message "Master sync turned off" blinks at the bottom of the email app when I tried to manually sync.

On another thread, I discovered that you have to go into the settings toggle screen (swipe down from the top, hit the little four-square icon in the upper-right) and find "Sync".  That has to be turned back on.  For whatever reason, it was off on my phone after NC5 installed, and the email program needs it to be on.  Was it always there?  I don't know.

There is a separate sync setting that you can change inside the email app for each account... but they all cease functioning if the "Sync" is off.  So make sure the main "Sync" is on, and maybe that will restore your email function.  Good luck!

0 Likes