Data speeds awful Galaxy s9
butterfly_76
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good morning, hopefully someone can help with this. We recently (literally a week ago) switched to Verizon from Cricket. There are 3 lines on our plan, all with unlimited data. However, I must say that I am absolutely disappointed in data speeds. Inside my office I literally can't open anything, and the data is slow around town also. I have restarted, cleaned the cache partition after the update, put it on airplane mode then off, switched network types, you name it. I am so sad it's like this because I have an awesome phone but can't truly enjoy it. How do I fix this? As a brand new customer this is not a good start.

0 Likes
Re: Data speeds awful Galaxy s9
bearone21
Legend

at best, verizon will only deliver 5-12mbps on any phone!!

butterfly_76
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is so not cool. I expected much more from them especially after what

we spent there Smiley Sad

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 1:51 PM, bearone21 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

SMKE10684
Enthusiast - Level 2

Upload or download speed? I just ran a speed test on my s9 plus  and got 210 mbps download speed and 7.5 mbps upload speed.

bearone21
Legend

on the verizon network or wi-fi???

butterfly_76
Enthusiast - Level 3

For me it's literally while trying to open Facebook, email, look up something on Google....it either never loads or if it does it's slow as Christmas. Wifi speeds are excellent, I have no issues there.

SMKE10684
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh. Duh. I was on wifi. Just did it again on the vzw network- 2.9 mbps download and 1.4 upload!! Wow...

butterfly_76
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's bad Smiley Sad If that's the case and unlimited data is to blame like I've been reading, then maybe we should change to a set amount instead.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, butterfly_76. I'm really glad your family decided to join Verizon Wireless and understand why you're disappointed with having so much trouble opening data pages. You've already tried some fantastic steps, so let's work on making sure you get the absolute best experience going forward. How far outside your office do you need to get before you're able to access data easily? What zip code do you have trouble in? Are calls and text messages working fine in the area?

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
butterfly_76
Enthusiast - Level 3

Usually about ten yards or so from the building is where it becomes somewhat faster. The texting is ok and calling too inside the office (except MMS loading super slow) it's just the data, literally anything to do with the internet. I honestly think it's because of the unlimited data.

0 Likes