Data issues 3g/4g lte no data at all
aakiens

I downloaded the upgrade on 06/01/2013 and I am also having data issues.  I am having the hardest time connecting to 4G LTE, even worse my data drops off the face of the earth completely now.  I have made sure my network setting are correct as well as taking out the sim card, but it has not helped.  Today I went into a Verizon Wireless store and the very nice man checked it all out, but it did not help.  This is extremely frustrating considering I have had my phone for such a long time and have not had one single issue until now with this "new" update.  I wish I would have just left it alone and I would be having these issues.  Any advise?  Do I need a new sim card or is it something that Verizon needs to fix internally.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Data issues 3g/4g lte no data at all
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey aakiens!

Last time I checked, software updates are supposed to fix issues, not create them. And considering my GS3 is doing great, I'd like to work tirelessly to make sure the same applies to you.

Now, I greatly appreciate you description of things as well as the troubleshooting you've already taken on. With that said, I would recommend that we look into a hard reset (but only since this has been plaguing you since the update) http://vz.to/LfV00q . Please backup your important information prior as this will wipe your device. Then test it out & update us.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Don't do it.  That is despicable that VZW tech support is telling you to do a factory reset when it is posted everywhere including VZW's own forums right here that it won't work.  The recent update was faulty and that is it.  Get a replacement phone or wait for a fix to be implemented.  You are wasting your time doing the reset.

Osoup
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please before making blanket statements like this you should read your own forum's posts. I happen to have the same issue as well as 2 of my friends whom have also upgraded their software on the G3 and experienced the same performance downgrades. If you read other sites and posts hundreds of people are having the same issue. So please don't patronize us.

ninjagore
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hear you, man. I'm having the exact same issue, and it happened since the update to 4.1.2. I had the SIM card replaced in my phone, but that did not fix the issue. The data slowness only occurs when on a 4G LTE network. If I move into an area with 3G or 1X the data is reliable.

0 Likes