Data boost not working
Gallexshift
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bought 5 gigs of data boost for hotspot. Still at 400kbs i was at 21.53 now 21.91 after i got it. 

Labels (1)
Re: Data boost not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern to get your full data speeds. We want to help you figure out what is going on. Can you clarify what 21.53 and 21.91 stand for? Is this your data usage? Did you restart your device after getting your data boost? You may need to give your device a chance to start a new connection. What kind of device do you have? Are you able to see your data boost purchase on your My Verizon?

JavierMD_VZW

0 Likes
Gallexshift
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes i did restart my phone multiple times. My hotspot data was at 21.53 then after i bought the 5 gig data boost i burly used 300mbs within 3 hours. My hotspot speed are stuck at 400kbs. I have a galaxy s9, and it does show i have the data boost on Verizon app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gallexshift, we understand. What do you use your Hotspot for?

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes
LoopyUP
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem but I still get billed for it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a customer myself, I realize the importance of preventing any data overages.  Can you tell us more about what happened?  We want to make sure we have all the details to assist you as efficiently as possible.

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
Garettcrose
Enthusiast - Level 1

it’s pretty simple there’s no other way to explain it. My hotspot downloads at 21mbps until my limit is reached. So I bought a data boost which gives you 5 gb extra of high speed. But the speed still stays at the minimum instead of going up

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to make sure you get the right usage out of the Data Boost. Waht are the speeds seen at this time while in the boosted data?

0 Likes