Data Usage
Jaydon

How is it I receive a text telling me I have 10% data remaining and I'm home and using my home internet and yet the next day I receive another text telling me I'm out of data and will be charged an overage fee.  Am I missing something.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Usage
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked your phone settings to verify the phone only is using Wi-Fi data? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mama23dogs
Legend

@Jaydon wrote:

How is it I receive a text telling me I have 10% data remaining and I'm home and using my home internet and yet the next day I receive another text telling me I'm out of data and will be charged an overage fee.  Am I missing something.

Data isn't reported live.  You may have actually run over your data plan in the days prior to your notification. Verizon updates the website every six hours. The data report it is reported at the time Verizon receives the information, not when you actually used the data.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i check the phone everytime i use it to make sure still connected to wi-fi.

assuming you're connected to wi-fi can be expensive.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Jaydon ,

Data alerts are meant to help you avoid overages, so it's good to know you've been receiving them. Just like others have said in this thread, there is a delay between data you've used and data that shows up, as cell towers need to report that usage back to us. However, if you're getting data overage charges then that would mean you are on an older plan. I mention this because we have newer plans that do not have any data overages when you make use of the free Safety Mode: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/safety-mode-faqs/ . Depending on the age of your current plan, you might even benefit from moving up to one of our unlimited data options instead: https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/ . Please consider checking them out and letting us know what questions you might have.

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes