DATA USAGE WHEN STILL ON WIFI??
Mikeybard24

Why is it that a few days into my Data cycle I have about a GB of usage when I am always on WIFI. I do not understand how Verizon wants to track data, nor to I care for the fact that they want me to upgrade my Data plan. I am fine with what I have because I am always on WIFI, If I continue to see these discrepancies I will be switching to another carrier. Does anyone else have this problem, from what I have noticed a few people are noticing the same thing.

0 Likes
Re: DATA USAGE WHEN STILL ON WIFI??
rcschnoor
Legend

You should make sure that it is not your phone which CHOOSES to use cellular data instead of wifi. There are settings on many iPhone and android device which let the phone CHOOSE to use cellular data if it is a stronger signal than your wifi signal. Make sure that these manufacturer settings are not causing you to use more cellular data than you would like to use.

It is not the fault of Verizon if you have your phone set to use cellular data even when wifi is available.Smiley Happy

I have several different models of phones on my account. They ALWAYS use wifi when it is available because I have the phone settings such that the device will do so when wifi is available.

Weth
Legend

What app is using the data? The ihone tracks this.  That us your first thing you need to figure out. N

0 Likes
Mikeybard24

I do not have an Iphone I have the samsung S5. and does anyone know where that setting is on my phone, If I have wifi on even if the signal is weak I would like to stay on wifi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying. Here is a link on how to change this feature: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-97134/ . You can also look into your device under data to see which applications are using the most data. If you have more questions about this or want to dispute your data usage, you can reach out to our customer care team on Facebook at: www.Facebook.com/Verizon or Twitter at: www.Twitter.com/Vzwsupport .

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you may not be connected to wi-fi when the signal is weak, the network is in use.

0 Likes