Customize tones for contacts Samsung S8
rita32560

Hi...

I just upgraded from the S7 to the S8.  In messages, when I had the S7, for certain contacts I had special tones.  I've set it up in the S8 exactly the same but it doesn't "take"....all contacts are getting the same tone.  I use Zedge for downloading new tones and have never had this issue. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Customize tones for contacts Samsung S8
rahn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey, I don't know anything about Zedge except what I read in the Play Store.  It appears to give you easy access to ringtones from their collection via an Ad sponsored mechanism. 

The stock app does a really good job of doing this but with your own collection of music/sounds.  Since I have a large music collection I never have a problem finding a relevant ringer for any of my contacts.  With that said, it looks like Zedge doesn't have a "hook" in to your system.  I'd try uninstalling it, rebooting the phone, then installing the newest version again.

If that doesn't work and nobody here uses Zedge I'd submit a problem with Zedge. https://www.zedge.net/

ZEDGE - We make phones personal

Re: Customize tones for contacts Samsung S8
RKramden59
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use RingDroid to create my own ringtones / notifications from songs on my SD card.  When you make the ringtone, it puts it into the "stack" that the built in programs use so it's always available.