Re: Custom contact notification sounds gone
Grammy678
Enthusiast - Level 2

I DO NOT WANT TO USE A DIFFERENT TEXT APP. USED THAT APP HATED IT! OREO UPDATE CAUSED SO PLEASE FIX IT

Grammy678
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are A LOT of us upset by this.  I have had Verizon for years. I have always used Samsung or other android phones and have ALWAYS had this text feature!!! Please just make a bug fix and reinstate the feature. I have used and dislike message plus!!

Grammy678
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does this help include fixing the issue?? No matter if Verizon or Samsung someone [removed] up. Perhaps you could work together to fix the issue. I love my phone and I am constantly bragging about my Verizon services but this stinks and needs to be fixed ASAP

Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Vsgirl8600
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been trying to figure this out too and it's driving me crazy.  So many changes with the most recent update.  UGH

Vsgirl8600
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do you set them up in the Messages+/Verizon app?

0 Likes
kenkoller
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the S4, S5, S6, and now S8. The custom alert tones have always been there. Someone explain WHY they're gone now? Really. I WANT AN EXPLANATION WHY SOMETHING THAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE IS SUDDENLY GONE.

LenniePaz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tap on the conversation of the contact you want to add custom tone . In the top right of the conversation, tap on the 3 dots, then customize . You can add a custom tone from there .

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand that this is an important feature for all of our customers, KATM0055. I use the same feature on my phone to know who's calling me as well. With regard to the update you will no longer have the option to set customer notification sounds in contacts. If you are using our Verizon Message+ or the Samsung Messages application there is an option to set notification sounds by contact. There are other third party applications that may have this option as well. http://spr.ly/6586DnYZa. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kathyhm, it would be frustrating to have this ringtone option gone. We'll get the answers that you need. Please explain how you're trying to set this up. What happens when you try? How was this before the software update?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kathyhm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I customized them in my contacts folder.   that option is no longer there