Crackling sound on phone calls
sdugas
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Galaxy S10+ and recently have been experiencing crackling sounds on my phone calls. A few times the noise is bad enough that I have to hang up and call again.

This is a relatively new phenomenon.  No one else in my household seems to have this issue (Google Pixel and another Galaxy S10+) Any ideas?

Labels (1)
Re: Crackling sound on phone calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have a working device. Were any changes made to your device when this started? Does this happen on all calls?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
sdugas
Enthusiast - Level 1

The only changes were a recent phone update.  I'm not certain whether that preceded this problem or not. 

The crackling is on all the calls. The severity varies from a minor annoyance to where I can't understand the other person. 

Susan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That info is much appreciated. Crackling sounds being heard on any device is a big inconvenience. I apologize. The Samsung Galaxy S10+ is a very dependable and sturdy device. Let's continue working together to get this resolved. Are you using a phone case and the free Wi-Fi Calling feature with your phone? Are the crackling sounds being heard while you're indoors, outdoors, or both?- RobertC_VZW

0 Likes