Correcting individual word in text message wipes out large blocks of text
chucktc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently received the Android 4.1.2 update on my S III and have noticed a behavior (odd and annoying) that I have not previously experienced.  When I am creating a text message (unfortunately, sometimes, a long message), I will sometimes see a misspelled word in the middle of the text.  I will move the cursor to that word, and be presented with a series of potential matches for my misspelled word.  When I select the word I want, instead of just correcting that word, a large percentage of my painstakingly composed text message is erased.  It is like on a desk/laptop if you highlight too many words before making a correction.  Except in this case, I cannot see that I have highlighted or selected more than a single word...and worse...there's no UNDO 😞

I have played around with it a little bit, and I cannot predictably recreate it (of course).  But it has happened a number of times, and I can eventually recreate it and, again, this behavior is definitely new with this release.

Am I the only one?  This seems like a potentially major dissatisfier if many people are have their text randomly erased during composition.

Thanks in advance for any input or guidance.

Tags (3)
Re: Correcting individual word in text message wipes out large blocks of text
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
chucktc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Tikibar1.  Sadly, I thought I had done my due diligence (search) prior to posting.  But, clearly not 😞   Yes, this pretty much describes my experience (in much more colorful and emotional tones 😉

Will continue to follow the other thread and consider other more official channels suggested there (so I too can perform a factory reset 😞

thanks again...

0 Likes
wanttofish
Contributor - Level 1

This is happening to me immediatly after installing the new system uodate last week.

0 Likes