Contacts recovery assistance
aah924

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 with a smashed display.  I have received the replacement phone, same model, and am missing contacts.  I have recovered contacts from Verizon cloud and google but am still missing contacts.  My google calendar has completely recovered but not contacts.  Before I return the damaged phone to th insurance company, is there any way to access the phone via PC or any other way to retreive the contacts list?  The phone does operate but just can’t see the screen.

Thanks 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contacts recovery assistance
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello aah924, 

My phone is my lifeline, so I understand how important it is to have all of your contacts transferred to your replacement phone. I'm eager to assist you with a fix, so you can retrieve the information you need. I know you mentioned you can't see the screen, but I want to ask if you have downloaded any content transfer applications to your device. In addition, please tell me, have you logged into your Google account, to see if the contacts you're looking for are there? Please review these steps to recover contacts from Google account:

-From the home screen, click the application.
-Scroll to and tap Settings.
-Scroll to and click Account.
-Tap on Add Account.
-Select Google.
-Enter your Google account email and click NEXT.
-Enter your Google account password, and then click NEXT.
-View the terms of service and privacy policy, and then click “Accept”.
-Click to select or deselect your preferred Google services, and then click on the “Next” button.

Please provide any additional information, and let me know how that goes, thank you. 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
aah924

Hi Christina,

While I did already recover some contacts from my google account, for some reason, I am still missing more current contacts.  Which other apps would I need to have on my old phone to recover all contacts?  Thanks 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aah924, thanks for all the details, recovering your contacts is vital, especially to keep in touch with friends, family and co-workers. Have you visited the Verizon Cloud page to see if all your contacts have been saved (https://cloudforlife.verizonwireless.com/ott/)? Aside from Verizon Cloud and Google, have you used any third party apps to save your content?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes