Contacts on S6 no longer syncing with gmail account contacts
Dr_Bob1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since the last Verizon update 2-3 weeks ago, I'm unable to get my contacts and calendar entries to sync. Navigating to Settings -> Accounts -> Google -> <my_address@gmail.com> immediately shows a static progress circle stuck for both Sync Calendar and Sync Contacts, including after a reboot. Tapping either of these to do an immediate sync fails as nothing happens. Note that mobile data IS turned on and I've also tried this with WiFi turned on. Browsing web pages and reading gmail on gmail.com for this same gmail account works, meaning connectivity to gmail is functional.

What did Verizon's update do to incapacitate contact and calendar syncs?

Please do NOT suggest uploading anything to Verizon Cloud b/c that ain't gonna happen. This is basic Android and Google functionality!

I'm on a S6, Android 7.0.

0 Likes
Re: Contacts on S6 no longer syncing with gmail account contacts
FIVEMASTERS
Enthusiast - Level 1

The same thing happened to me with my LG G6 when I installed the update to Oreo. It is a well know problem that Google will hopefully fix soon. I tried the suggested fix involving deleting the App Data under "Contacts Storage", but all it did was delete all the Contacts on my phone. Luckily, I had done a recent backup using Easy Backup and was able to restore them. It's very frustrating because syncing Contacts and Calendar are extremely useful.

0 Likes