Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,503 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Re: Contacts keep crashing on my S4 after Android 4.3 upgrade
HnyBB33

NOT CAUSED BY UPDATE...

My Verizon Galaxy S4 is having the same crash issue with the phone dialer app and contacts app and I did NOT update to the latest version 4.3. I'm still on 4.2.2, so it is something else on the Verizon Wireless network causing this. Most people are going to think it's the update because it started happening around the same time but it's not the update for me. May be some other app I recently installed. Will have to look into it. It's become very annoying and frustrating since its main function is a phone and I can't get that phone app to work. Smiley Sad My husband has had poor phone signal the last couple of days, don't know if related to this or not.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I would say that would be a Good First start apps can cause issue.. I would trace back to which app or apps you got in the last few days and I would uninstall them one by one, and as once you uninstall the app power cycle the phone just to help re-fresh it, see if the issues disappears..

0 Likes
dvcRentals
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is this issue going to be fixed? There seem to be enough people having this problem that it can not be deemed "random". My phone requires a reset every two days.

KosmicTom
Enthusiast - Level 1

They're not going to fix it. Easier to just tell you to do a hard reset every couple days, then pass you along to someone else when it stops working a week later.

0 Likes
SCouch

Using Contacts+ continues to work for me. Every few days, the dialer on my phone stops working again and gives me the "Unfortunately, contacts has stopped working" message. When it does that, I go into the Contacts+ app that I downloaded and select "Clear call log" and then my phone Dialer works again. It's just a work-around but still much faster and easier than a reset. Hope that helps, until someone can actually FIX the issue.

0 Likes
Love2Boat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Try this and see if it helps: go to phone settings-->More, then select Date and Time. Change the date format to something else then change it back to the format you wanted. Save and go back. Worked for me permanently.

SuperPhilMan
Enthusiast - Level 1

This worked for me. Thx!

0 Likes
SCouch

The Contacts+ "fix" works okay IF I go clear the call log in Contacts+

every few days, depending on call volume. If I don't clear the call log,

the phone Contacts/Dialer app will crash again. Luckily, after clearing the

log, I don't have to re-boot or anything. But now - I am going to try the

"date and time" fix and see if it's more permanent. I noticed when I went

into the options, it looked as if no option for format was selected. Thanks

all.

0 Likes
firefighterdan

Working 4 me also.

0 Likes
Sack-o

OMG it finally works, thanks for the date and time fix!

0 Likes