Connecting to Wi Fi issues
rummie24

Hi I just got a Galaxy S3, when I try to connect to a Wi Fi in my workplace it wont connect, but the other Wi Fi connection that is in the area it'll connect to. Its a secured Wi Fi, I put in the password, starts to say Obtaining IP address, then after a little bit says Not connected, poor connection. But yet shows a strong signal, better than the one I can connect to near here. Anything I can change?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Connecting to Wi Fi issues
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are positive you have entered the password correctly, have you checked to see if that router uses MAC address filtering to restrict the connections to approved devices?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Connecting to Wi Fi issues
longhorn31

I'm having the same issue.  I can connect to this wifi with my Nexus 7, my HTC Thunderbolt, and co-workers can all connect with various phones - all with the same wifi settings....my VZW SG3 is the only phone that loops through Connecting.....Authenticating.....Obtaining IP Address for a while and then stops.  Several Google searches reveal that this is a somewhat common problem for GS3's, but none of the fixes have helped me......

0 Likes