Conference calls
Joeyj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a way to drop one caller from a conference call without ending the call and hanging up on the other caller?

Tags (1)
Re: Conference calls
teeeeebeeeee

you don't. you cannot select individuals on a call you initiate to drop them or mute them. you have to have them hang up (and hope they did not just mute and pretend to hang up).

you can only dial out to one person to do a conference call, so you are limited to doing only one 3-way call.

you also cannot add someone in to a current call...so if someone beeps in to a conversation, you can't add them into your current call to make it a 3-way call

also if you are on a call, someone beeps in and you put the original call on hold, then you return to that original call, you lose the option to do a conference call.

these issues come up with me every day. it's killing me. I do software sales and need to do multiple conference calls per day. my colleagues, even ones with the same phone as me, can all do these basic actions. i cannot, not even on my iphone 4s. i went to the verizon wireless store and the sales reps there tried to do these actions on their iphone 5 and samsung galaxy 3s. no dice. the network does not support advanced features of conference calling even on 4g lte. it's a pity, but now i need to go get a work phone from another provider just to have this one stupid, but essential, business calling capability.

0 Likes