Cloud causing my contacts to link and unlink????
deacair_cailin

My cloud contacts keep automatically linking with the wrong phone and google contacts...while phone contacts keep unlinking from their original entry so i dont see names when they text or call anymore? It happens totally randomly...definitely causing some problems when i try to just type in one contact name to text and end up messaging the wrong person. i have a galaxy s6

0 Likes
Re: Cloud causing my contacts to link and unlink????
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Deacair.cailin,

Sending the wrong message can be a bit embarrassing and I want to make sure we can help you avoid this from happening. Did you recently start having this issue with your S6? Any recent changes to your phone such as software updates or applications?

Keep us posted.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

deacair.cailin,

We definitely want to make sure your contacts are in order and happy to help. Can you help clarify what you mean by linking and unlinking? We ask because Verizon Cloud would only back up your contacts that are saved to the device or the Phone contact book. Both Google Contacts and Phone contacts should actually be separate unless otherwise being saved with the same information. If you go into your contact list, press MORE, and what is listed as Contacts To Display?

AdamGG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
marymclee

I am having the same issue. In my contacts, Cloud appears as another source from which contacts are linked, and it is automatically linking incorrect contacts (phone and email to the wrong name). You can see why this is extraordinarily frustrating, I expect. I assume Verizon support staff understand what linking a contact means, but the above question leads me to wonder if that is really the case.

The only fix I've found at this point was disabling the Cloud app, which seems unfortunate, as I would rather have a backup in case something happens to my phone. Because I've disabled the app, Cloud no longer appears as a source for contacts. Please assist, as there are quite a few of us with this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marymclee We certainly don't want the your contacts to link to an email account that does not belong to that number. Let's work to figure out why this is happening. How many different sync contacts do you have set up? Are you using Facebook, Google, Verizon Cloud all to sync? Have you tried to remove the My Verizon Mobile App and add it back, or check for software updates?

DeloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes