Cloud Sync turned off
wbpatton

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. I am new to Verizon, so I added contacts to my account online. It's supposed to sync up with my phone, but it doesn't. When I open the Cloud app under Accounts on my phone, it says sync is turned off, the Sync Now is grayed out, and there seems to be no way to change it. The Backup Assistant only backs up numbers on my device. It doesn't restore numbers from the website to my phone. My contacts are all from Google, and there's no way to change them to device. They would all have to be entered manually. I want this to work correctly!

0 Likes
Re: Cloud Sync turned off
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why don't you stick with using the Google sync?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's work to get your contacts transfered, wbpatton! If the device is not directly allowing you to move Google contacts to the device to allow the Cloud to recognize the need for backup we would have to manually transfer. Using a computer, log into your Gmail account and choose to Export the contacts then log into the Cloud and choose to manage the contacts. You will be presented with option to import the .csv file you previously created from Gmail. I am sorry that we are unable to support the direct link from the Gmail servers.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
wbpatton

I have already done that. My contacts are all on the cloud website. They won't sync up with my phone.

0 Likes
wbpatton

If I leave Android for some reason I don't want to lose my contacts, and it's a pain doing it manually.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wbpatton,

Sounds like you have already imported these contacts to our Verizon Cloud and see them there. Is that correct? If so go to your contacts app on the phone. Press the menu button and select Backup. Make sure there is a checkmark for Sync contacts. Then touch Backup now.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's see what's going on, wbpatton!

Do you get an error message when trying to sync them?

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

wbpatton wrote:

If I leave Android for some reason I don't want to lose my contacts, and it's a pain doing it manually.

You can leave Android devices and go to a Windows device or an Apple device and still access your contacts on your Gmail account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes