Changing notification sound for 2nd exchange email account
newscmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently upgraded from an S5 to an S7 Edge.  Previously, I was able to set up separate notification sounds for my 2 email accounts.  Now I can't do that.   Online support says to set notifications, select the account and then choose Notifications, if available.  Notifications does not come up for my 2nd account.  I need a separate tone for my business emails.  Any idea how to get around this?

0 Likes
Re: Changing notification sound for 2nd exchange email account
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't use exchange, I use K-9 for my various email accounts.  WIth that I am able to set up a ringtone for each account, and that is very useful to me.  Do you have to set up the accounts in exchange?  Or can at least one of them be set up with K-9 or gmail?

0 Likes
newscmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

One of my email accounts is synced with a business account through my office and must be set up through exchange.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

newscmomtoo, I understand wanting to set a different ringtone to differentiate each email account. I apologize as it sounds like there isn't an option for your additional exchange account, which means the account won't be able to have a separate ringtone to it.

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

One of my email accounts is synced with a business account through my office and must be set up through exchange.

Then leave the one account in exchange, and set up the other in another email app of your choice.  As I said, I use K-9 and can set a different ringtone for each email address.  If the account is in Yahoo, AOL or another major provider that has their own app, use that to set it up.

0 Likes