Re: Car charger doesn't charge phone after 4.3 update
charleslong30
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same issue directly after a firmware update, I was using the verizon branded car charger, after the update I did a week before this post (it might have released earlier but I just did it a week ago) my phone stopped charging while in the car, but it works on my 3rd party charger still, and it charges at home np, I also found that if I plug a usb cord into my verizon's usb port, it charges my phone. I took the charger back because I had just gotten it recently, and the replacement does the exact same thing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nitsuj, you're absolutely right! Factory resetting is the last resort. However, it has been proven to work. You can start at resolving this issue by uninstalling a few application on your device and then powering that phone off/on to soft reset it. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there mwadford911,

I'm sorry for the issues that you are having with your S4 after the update. The software update should improve the performance of the update and not hinder it. Lets get you back up and running.

I have an S4 myself and I have had similar issues, but a master reset resolved them all. Please perform a hard reset,http://vz.to/176v3fz, and keep us updated with results.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
romann916
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im having same issue, what is Verizon going to do about this????!!!!
I bought new Verizon Car Charger from them for NOT cheap either and now they tell me its not going to work anymore because of a update.. are you freakin serious

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying that step Nitsuj. I know that having a working charger is important to using your phone throughout the day. How long have you had your phone and charger? Are you receiving an error message when you plug in the charger?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwuspport

0 Likes
jzamorski113
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm sure they will happily sell you a s4 specific charger for $50

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Look for a Good priced charger on either Amazon, Droid Life or Try Android Central / Crackberry.com  b33

http://store.droid-life.com/samsung-galaxy-s4-chargers-and-cables.htm

http://www.shopandroid.com/samsung-galaxy-s4-chargers-and-cables.htm

http://goo.gl/Ru1VWs

0 Likes
abean
Contributor - Level 1

Mind posting pictures of your phone charging with a charger connected? I'm curious because I have done a master reset as well and it did not resolve the problem.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the mA rating for your chargers? Have you gotten any other chargers to work? Tried a co-workers, another family member's charger?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
abean
Contributor - Level 1

@MatthewS_VZW- are you officially stating that the Verizon Wireless stance is that no other chargers besides OEM Samsung chargers are supported? Where in the release notes for 4.3 does it state that no other chargers are supported?

Is VZW ready to refund/replace the chargers that they sold their customers? VZW sold us the officially branded Verizon Wireless car chargers which work on all phones and the S4 pre 4.3. If you're stating that they no longer work, I/we fully expect a refund or replacement ASAP.

Please advise to when we can all expect said refund/replacement.

Thank you