Re: Car charger doesn't charge phone after 4.3 update
B33
Legend

Did some Searching on the OEM SamSung Car chargers and Found this: At Samsung.com Follow the Link for the Info on this charger..  And the phone Number if one is needed for Purchase

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/ECA-U20CBEGSTA

Sammy Sung 700m Ahm.jpg

0 Likes
Nitsuj
Enthusiast - Level 3

The reviews for this charger indicate that this charger does not have enough power to charge while using the device

0 Likes
jzamorski113
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why would anyone want to spend $25 on the same technology we already have? And someone at Verizon or Samsung decided it would be a novel idea to remove functionality for 3rd party chargers. I'd like to get to the bottom of this, because it totally seems like a Verizon thing to do, not Samsung. Yet Verizon is blaming Samsung for it.

Looks like Sprint is the only other carrier to get the 4.3 update so far, but no claims of this issue on that forum on AndroidCentral.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Done some more Research and Found this Since I can't add to my above post I will put this that Found here..

I found this in the Product Accessories while searching for the Galaxy S4 for Verizon..

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SCH-I545ZKBVZW-accessories

featuresCharge While In Use

The Samsung Vehicle Charger plugs into a 12V cigarette lighter or other 12V socket to charge your smartphone while in the car so you never miss any important calls. Samsung’s quick-charging technology powers your phone while it charges its battery, so you can make calls, check your messages or browse the Web while your phone is charging.

Flexibility

The Samsung Vehicle Charger also comes with a detachable USB to Micro USB cable, which allows you to charge your phone from the USB port on your computer or other USB power source if you aren’t near a 12V outlet. You can also sync and transfer files between your computer and Galaxy smartphone or other phone using the Micro USB cable. Keep one in each of your vehicles and one in your bag to make sure that your phone is always ready to go when you are.

Product Highlights

● Provides 700mAh of power to your phone while simultaneously charging your phone's battery.
● Charge your phone using a 12V car socket.
● Charge your phone from a USB port via detachable Micro USB cable.
● Sync and transfer files via Micro USB data cable.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/ECA-U20CBEGSTA  < this is the link for Product support..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon wpin,

Let's get this issue resolved! My son has this device and he encountered the same issue, which we resolved by doing a http://vz.to/1b59FYH factory reset. Please do it and test.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Nitsuj
Enthusiast - Level 3

Factory reset needs to be a last resort, not a first resort. It takes a lot of time and energy to backup all the data and settings and then restore them

B33
Legend

AntonioC_VZW  are using the Charger I described above or One provided from Verizon on your son's phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TopJCat, this is an unfortunate coincidence. Let's take a closer look into this. Have you downloaded 3rd party applications to your device from the Google Play market to your device? Some application software can affect the performance of your device after the 4.3 update is pushed to your phone. I recommend that you uninstall a few applications, power it off/on, and charge the device again.

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mwadford911
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also dealing with this problem, and so is my husband. My phone is also going to a black screen and locks me out for some time. I have noticed that my phone also feels hotter now after the upgrade.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Nitsuj,

We certainly appreciate the additional details relating to your charger. Having a fully functional device is indeed important. With the recent device update, third party chargers are no longer eligible to be utilized on the device. In order to charge your device you will need to use the factory OEM charger that came with your device or a factory OEM car charger. Once either of these options are utilized, your device will begin to charge properly, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes