Cant use "Bill to my account" in Google Play store
timofcourse
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since getting my new phone (Galaxy S8), I'm now no longer able make purchases in the Google Play store with that option to "Bill to my Verizon Wireless Account". It shows up in under Payment Methods - twice in fact, but both are disabled and say "Not Eligible" in red.

How can I get this enabled again?

0 Likes
Re: Cant use "Bill to my account" in Google Play store
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

timofcourse, Having an alternate payment option for your purchases is great. We'll be happy to review your options. Is your account past due or has been past due in the last six months?

TrinetteW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Timofcourse, congrats on your new phone. I know the excitement that comes with getting a new phone and wanting to personalize it. There are a few reasons that you would experience the issue of not being able to bill to the account right now. If you recently removed a purchase or text messaging block, or made a device change, Carrier Billing is unavailable for up to 14 days. In order for carrier billing to be updated, Google performs eligibility checks every 14 days. Once those 14 days are up, you will be able to bill to the account again. Were there any other questions or concerns that we could assist you with?

TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupportIf my  response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button  under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
timofcourse
Enthusiast - Level 1

I managed to get this figured out. I believe this actually occured not because of the new phone, but because I also changed my account plan at the same time. The reason I had two instances was because I've changed my plan twice since I've been a vzw customer.

Anyway, to resolve it, I had to visit https://payments.google.com/payments/u/0/home#paymentMethods and remove the "Verizon wireless" payment methods. At that point, I went back into the Google Play app > account > payment methods, and under "add a payment method", was able to add "Bill to my Verizon Wireless Account".

Now all works as it should. Hopefully this helps if anyone else runs into this issue.

thepeaches44
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the option but when I attempt to enable it, I get "Error. You don't have permission to complete the action [OR-CAC-08]  a4dd9b198fd2a67a

jggroce2

Try deleting the payment method then clear the cache on the Google play services and Google pay. Wait a while (5 hours for me) then add it as a payment method again. This worked for me.

0 Likes
Mvreid0920
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know this is an older message.. however I had the same problem after I received a new device.  This was the resolution!  Thank you for explaining the fix!  

0 Likes
Verizon carrier bill unavailable in Google play store
BGarza2

I also just recently switched devices does the 14 day check still apply in our current day in time. (I know this thread was years ago). If you could respond It would be most appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon carrier bill unavailable in Google play store
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon carrier bill unavailable in Google play store
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our 14-day return and exchange period is still very much supported with all orders done with us. Please let us know if you have any specific questions on the process or your new device. You can also get all the details on the return & exchange policy here: https://www.verizon.com/support/return-policy/

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes