Cannot update Samsung 1545 - No "run" option
Nevfalath

According to the directions, when you plug in your phone, you should see an option pop up that says: VZW_software_upgrade_assistant... I do not get this option.  All that pops up for me are the regular device options.  When I try to update directly from my phone, I get an error.  I tried numerous times, restarted my phone, took out the battery... nothing works.  How do I get this update??

0 Likes
Re: Cannot update Samsung 1545 - No "run" option
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
Nevfalath

Screen shot:

By the way, this is to update to Lollipop.

example.png

0 Likes
Nevfalath

Thank you - unfortunately I do not get option no, 2.:

From the AutoPlay pop up window, click Run VZW_Software_upgrade_assistant_installer.
Note If the AutoPlay pop up window is not available, open Windows Explorer then click CD Drive: Verizon Mobile.

There is no Run option.  I also don't see Verizon Mobile in the CD Drive.

As for the second link, I tried this, but keep getting an error.  I've tried manually downloading at least 15 times.

I do not understand why I do not have the Run option, as shown in the screen shot above.  This is frustrating!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Pull down from the notification bar and choose the USB connection type.  Mass storage or MPT mode is usually suggested, but I have had to use Ethernet or Modem on some phones to get the phone to be read by the SUA.  I even have a couple that won't read at all.  Also, you can search the web for the actual download program for Windows in case the built in app doesn't work.

0 Likes
Nevfalath

I have two options:  MTP and PTP.  I tried both, but no Run option.  I will try searching the Web as suggested.  If I find anything I will post it for anyone else with this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Nevfalath,

We want you to be able to update your software, I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. We want to help and do everything we can to help. In this case you would choose MTP and make sure the same option is selected from the drop down menu in the notifcation bar.

AdaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Nevfalath

I was finally able to download it using Kies. It took hours but it's done. I read a lot of complaints about Lollipop but I'm enjoying it so far.

Unfortunately something I downloaded (not sure if it was Kies because I downloaded a few different programs before hand) gave my computer a virus. I was able to restore it to a prior restore point and fix it. Just saying to be careful.

I don't know why I couldn't update using the option in my phone or by simply plugging it into the computer. But Kies was the solution so I hope this helps someone else with the same problem.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes