Cannot select wifi as preferred network
JerryCHarris

According to the WiFi Calling FAQ:

You can change your preferred voice network to either the cellular network or Wi-Fi when you roam internationally.

To change your preferred network:

1. Go to Settings on your device.
  2. Tap Advanced Calling.
  3. Tap Wi-Fi Calling.
  4. Tap When Roaming and select the network you want to use while roaming:

• Prefer Other Cellular Network (default)
    • Prefer Wi-Fi

However, on my S6 Edge Plus, when I go to Settings, Advanced Calling, only two options are listed:

Activate Advanced Calling (which is grayed out as the service has been updgraded to HD Voice and Video calling

Advanced Calling (Turn on/off HD Voice and Video call)

There is no Wi-Fi Calling option as listed in #3 above.

How do I select Wi-Fi as preferred network when roaming internationally on my S6 Edge Plus?

Jerry

0 Likes
Re: Cannot select wifi as preferred network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use wi-fi calling is very convenient JerryCHarris. Lets ensure you are able to take advantage of this great feature on your phone. I am happy to confirm that your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge does have wi-fi calling capabilities. There was a software release to enable this feature.  What software version do you have? Also, you must first ensure Advance Calling is activated. Are you currently out of the country at the moment?  If so, which country are you currently in?

Thank You,
MichelleLL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JerryCHarris

Hi MichelleLL_VZW,

Currently on G928VVRU2AOJ3

Advanced Calling is Activated

I'm currently in the UK

0 Likes
JerryCHarris

...or maybe Advanced Calling ISN'T Activated!

I assumed as "Activate Advanced Calling" was grayed out and stated that "Service upgraded to HD Voice and Video calling" that it was activated, but now I'm thinking it isn't, as I was not asked for an address for 911 calls, and "WiFi Calling" is not listed on the "Advanced Calling" menu.

Jerry

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the information provided JerryCHarris. Yes, it sounds as if the Advance Calling features is not activated, since it's providing you with the option to upgrade Service to HD Voice and Video Calling. In order to activate advance calling, you would need a data connection. However, since you are out of the country, this would incur data roaming charges.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JerryCHarris

Cannot be done via WiFi? If not could I activate data roaming to get Advanced Calling working, then disable data roaming again?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'll be happy to clarify JerryCHarris. Yes, you may attempt to activate it over a wi-fi connection. In the event you continue to experience difficulties, you may reach our Global Support Team at 908-559-4899.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW

0 Likes