Cannot Access Network!
ashart
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yesterday, my phone tried to do the update. Update failed. I haven't been able to get network access ever since! Last night I plugged it into my computer and updated it, but that didn't fix it. I tried the troubleshooting steps online (taking out battery and sim and putting them back in, making sure airplane mode is off, data on, etc.) I still have nothing. I don't understand what's going on or how to fix it. I know I have 4G access here. After turning airplane mode on and off, I accessed it for a hot second, but now I'm back to no service. Any clues?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot Access Network!
ashart
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi! Thanks for the response. After posting this, I eventually did a live chat with a couple of Verizon agents. They figured out that the problem was my device ID was somehow lost when the software update failed. Since this was unable to be fixed, as the network no longer recognized my phone, I was sent a replacement phone. Bizarre problem, but I'm glad I was able to get a replacement! 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ashart - Let's get you back to business! Can you confirm your current software version through Settings>About Phone. May I have your zip code to reference the area? I look forward to getting this resolved!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
ashart
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi! Thanks for the response. After posting this, I eventually did a live chat with a couple of Verizon agents. They figured out that the problem was my device ID was somehow lost when the software update failed. Since this was unable to be fixed, as the network no longer recognized my phone, I was sent a replacement phone. Bizarre problem, but I'm glad I was able to get a replacement! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow! That indeed was a bizarre issue. We relieved you were able to contact someone so we could get a replacement phone for you, ashart.
Thanks for keeping us posted!

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes