Can't see old RR emails on Galaxy S3
wsurf4me
Enthusiast - Level 2

I set up roadrunner email on my Galaxy S3 per the discussions posted online. I can read an email when it's received but then it's gone, if I go to my inbox I have no old emails present. I can still access these emails via my computer but they're gone from my phone. Is there something like auto delete turned on somewhere? Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Can't see old RR emails on Galaxy S3
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like you have one-way delete set up.  It is dependent on the mail app on the phone as to whether or not the phone mirrors the server.

0 Likes
wsurf4me
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't seem to find a setting for one way delete, any suggestions on where it may be? I didn't mention but I also access gmail and my work email without issue, it is just roadrunner I'm having the issue with.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Are you using the phone's stock email app?  If so, you might try K9mail or forward your RR mail to Gmail.  You might have the outgoing server incorrect for RR.  I see a lot of outgoing issues with RR according to a Google search for "Roadrunner email S3."  most issues are that people can get in, but not out, meaning sync isnt working between the app and the net.  Problems persisted even when settings for incoming and outgoing were correct.

0 Likes
wsurf4me
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I'm using the stock email app. I have forwarded to gmail in the past but that got a bit messy, I was really hoping to access my rr account separately. I've searched the web and found one other thread where an S4 user had the same problem but it was never resolved.

Outgoing settings are set to -

SMTP server - mobile-smtp.roadrunner.com

Security type - none

Port - 587

require sign-in

Incoming Settings

pop-server.tampabay.rr.com

security - none

Port - 110

Delete email from server - never

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I have never had a stock email app work how i wanted it to in some way or another until 5.0.2 came to the LG G2.  My Moto, HTC, Samsung...I could never get satisfaction from the stock email apps.  Unfortunately, TWC doesnt offer an email app of their own.

0 Likes
wsurf4me
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, thanks for all the help