Can't hear anything when making/receiving phone calls on Samsung Galaxy S4
arnobri

When I first got my Samsung Galaxy S4 I could make phone calls.  They would cut out occasionally, but I thought that was because I was making them at work and we have poor signal at work.  Now when I make or receive a phone call there is nothing but silence.  It will ring when I call, I can hear that, but once they pick up on the other end I cannot hear anything and they cannot hear me.  This happens when I call my voice mail, too.   Sometimes I can hear the voice mail but about 99% of the time I'll only hear the first few seconds and then the voice mail goes silent.  I have tried doing it with speaker phone on and nothing.  I have gone into my settings and turned the noise reduction off and the voice privacy setting off.  I even tried to make a call with the wifi off and still nothing.  Is there a troubleshooting technique I can try?  Are others having this same issue? 

0 Likes
Re: Can't hear anything when making/receiving phone calls on Samsung Galaxy S4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

arnobri,
I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with the signal in your area. Did this just recently start? Did anything change in your area or to your phone that may cause this issue? We want to resolve this for you. Please keep us posted.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes