Can't change APN settings
Mith

Hi,

I can't change the APN settings while I'm traveling The Netherlands with my Vodafone sim in it (or with my Verizon sim).
With my Vodafone sim card in it, I can make calls and txt, but can't use the internet because I can't change the APN settings!
I called Verizon and they say they don't know. So what's the deal? This is very frustrating as I have been trying

to figure this out for days. Seems that for some people it works fine and some people it has been blocked!
Please help asap!

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't change APN settings
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear of your continued difficulties Mith. Once a device is unlocked, our control is limited once you are using it overseas. You should not need to change the APN settings. I recommend contacting our global support team at 908-559-4899 from an alternate line. You may also benefit from working with your local carrier.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly hope you're enjoying your time in the Netherlands. I'll be making a voyage there myself in the coming months.

I want to ensure you're able to fully utilize your device while there. Let's make sure your phone is currently set to Global Mode. You can check instructions here, http://vz.to/1f2nla8

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Mith

Thanks for the reply!

However it doesn't help me at all, I still can't change the APN settings which I would need for the internet. It is greyed out.

I used this phone in the states without a problem with internet and have the phone since it came out.

When I'm here in Holland, both the Verizon card and the Vodafone sim card don' allow me to change/edit the APN settings.

Help is really appreciated!

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear of your continued difficulties Mith. Once a device is unlocked, our control is limited once you are using it overseas. You should not need to change the APN settings. I recommend contacting our global support team at 908-559-4899 from an alternate line. You may also benefit from working with your local carrier.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Shannonmk513

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I've moved to the Netherlands last week and want to use my phone here. I can call and text, but cannot use data because I cannot add the correct APN settings, it's grayed out despite the phone being set to global mode.

0 Likes