Can't activate new phone
JIMBES66

My Galaxy 8 has a broken screen and has no functioning features. I received a replacement G8 but can;t activate due to the broken one is still on, the battery never fully draining. Is there a procedure to run the battery down completely on the broken one.

0 Likes
Re: Can't activate new phone
rahn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well if absolutely nothing functions then I'd remove the SIM card from the busted phone and try again. If that doesn't work call Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Can't activate new phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure you are able to activate the replacement phone, JIMBESS66 and I’m happy to help you today. Let’s go over a few details and work towards a solution.

Just for clarification, how long has the phone with the broken screen been powered on at this point? The stand by time for the phone battery can be up to 12 days. Also, as rahn mentioned, have you attempted to remove the sim card from the phone http://vz.to/2vQqyci to proceed with the activation of the replacement?

SteveR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes