Can't Update
ashboz87

I just bought my S III today brand new from a Verizon Store and I noticed that it doesn't have the multi window option. I tried checking for a software update but the only thing it will tell me is that the service is unavailable and how to check for updates when service is available. It was connected to Wifi when I checked and the Wifi was working fine for other apps. Should I wait a day or two before messing with it too much or just head back to the Verizon store tomorrow and see what they say?

0 Likes
Can't Update
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I believe you need to be on the mobile network to check for updates.

Re: Can't Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ashboz87,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Congratulations on your new phone purchase, the S3 is a wonderful device. In order to check for updates you will need to be on the mobile network. Please make sure that mobile network is turned on in the settings>data>mobile network section. You are able to download the update over wi-fi, but the overall check needs to be on mobile network. If you have any trouble you can also try to run a hard reset, but that should not be neccessary if on mobile network. Let us know if you have any issues with doing update.

Thank you,

Tony_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes