Can't Agree to Advanced Messaging
indredcold
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Galaxy S9+ and my phone recently updated. After updating the Samsung messaging app came up with a screen that said I could now use advanced messaging. I tapped continue, and then it took me to a screen that I needed to agree too as well, I needed to tap "Get Started" but that screen was zoomed in way too much and the get started button is off the screen. I cannot zoom out to see the button. I tried restarting the phone, force stopping it, clearing data, and clearing cache but no matter what the screen is zoomed in and I can't agree to it. I am unable to uninstall/ disable the app (I don't have the option from the setting menu) since it is a native Samsung app. What do I do here?

Screenshot_20190615-065657_Messages.jpg

Labels (1)
Re: Can't Agree to Advanced Messaging
indredcold
Enthusiast - Level 2

and please don't reply with "why would you want too?", or "RCS is dumb". I appreciate you don't want it but it has some features I would like to try out.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Try tripple tapping the screen to unzoom.

0 Likes
indredcold
Enthusiast - Level 2

Alas, it didn't work. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn of any confusion about the RCS function and not being able to agree to the service. Nothing would make me happier than providing you with a way to enable this feature on your device, but only the Pixel 3 and the Pixel 3 XL are currently compatible with it. Please confirm on number 2 at this link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/android-messages-chat-faqs/. Regrettably, we do not have any information about when or if this feature will be available for other devices in the future. I apologize for any inconvenience this information may cause you.

I would recommend using the Verizon Message+ application to enhance your chatting experience. Please review all the details about this fantastic application at this link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/.

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
indredcold
Enthusiast - Level 2

EbonyR_VZW,

The link you provided is out of date. As of June 11th the Galaxy s9 and s9+ are compatible with advanced messaging. My wife is currently using it on her phone (s9+) and the screenshot for the agreement was on my phone (s9+) that popped up after the june 11th update of the S9 and S9+. The link you provided hasn't been updated since the June 11th update. Verizon hasn't updated its referneces yet but here is a link to a 3rd party article referring to what I am talking about. https://www.droid-life.com/2019/06/06/verizon-rcs-galaxy-s9/.  I can confirm that my wifes s9+ and other family members s9's are currently using RCS on their verizon s9 series phones. I have to option to do so as well on mine, but as you can see from the screenshot, it is zoomed in and I cannot agree to the terms. If you could help me agree to those terms I would appreciate it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd like to apologize for the confusion, indrecold. The Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ does have advanced messaging capabilities. We will be sure to update our website to include this information. We appreciate your efforts in trying to get the messages working properly. At this time we are looking into the messaging service. Are you having trouble with the screen being zoomed in on any other apps or messages? What is the current software showing in the phone?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
indredcold
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, this is the only app this has ever happened to (the native Samsung messenger app) after the update to software version (baseband version G965USQS5CSEB)(Kernel version 4.9.112  #2 Tue May 28 15:30:57 KST 2019)(Build number PPR1.180610.011.G965USQS5CSEB). It didn't zoom in on my wife's phone or any other S9 that I am aware of in my family. Just mine. If there was a way to zoom out or reinstall the app that might work. I have already cleared the cach and cleared all data from that app. the only thing I haven't tried is doing a factory reset on the phone, which I REALLY don't want to do. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information. We want to try other troubleshooting steps to work with your device. Could you please follow the steps listed on the link attached to place your device on Safe Mode, attempt to agree to the terms, and let us know what you experience? http://spr.ly/6603ESsqt

DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
semperfisig
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is kind of unacceptable. My mother using a Galaxy S10e on Sprint has RCS within Samsung Messages. I have an S10+ on Verizon and have to use Google Messages if I want that functionality. Why is this only available to S9 Series and Pixel 3 line of phones with no information on when it will be pushed to other devices. Being unable to use the features of Samsung Messages I like because of this is sad. I thought it was a Samsung issue, but this is clearly on the carrier. 

0 Likes