Can someone please help with my Galaxy S3
papatuzz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have my phone set up to read texts when they are received. I think this is because I have 'driving mode' turned on. I like this feature very much. My problem is, with driving mode turned on every time I get a call or text or simply turn on my screen, the phone delays speech for a few seconds and then tells me the time and temperature. If I have an incoming call or text message the phone will tell me the time and temperature at the same time the text is being read which makes it very difficult to understand the text until the time and temp stops. Is there any way to make my Galaxy S3 stop speaking the time and temp but still speak the rest?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can someone please help with my Galaxy S3
AZSALUKI
Legend

i can tell you where to find the settings, but i'm not sure if that's an option. go in to settings and select language and input. then select text-to-speech options. there should be driving mode options in there. it's also possible that if you remove the weather from the lock screen, that it may stop doing it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i can tell you where to find the settings, but i'm not sure if that's an option. go in to settings and select language and input. then select text-to-speech options. there should be driving mode options in there. it's also possible that if you remove the weather from the lock screen, that it may stop doing it.

0 Likes
papatuzz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply. I have driving mode on. I removed the Accu Weather widget from my home screen and looked in my Apps and it's not there anymore, however; when I press the key to turn on my screen it's there until I unlock the screen. Then it disappears but it still reads the time and temperature. This is extremely annoying. I want it to read to me...just not the time and temperature.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

did you look in the driving mode settings to see if you could pick and choose what it reads?

0 Likes
papatuzz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ah ha!!! That did the trick. I had no idea I could change the setting for Driving Mode. I thought it was only "on or off". I guess I should dig a little deeper into this phone. Thank you very much. It was driving me crazy. No pun intended.