Can no longer disable calendar notifications after Jelly Bean update... any workarounds?
ultimatebob
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Gang,

I noticed that I'm no longer able to disable full screen calendar notifications after I installed the Jelly Bean update to my Galaxy SIII.

Even though I can disable the option in the calendar settings, it re-enables itself when I restart the phone.

Has anyone found a workaround for this, or do we know when Verizon will issue a patch to rectify the issue? The full screen calendar notifications are really annoying.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can no longer disable calendar notifications after Jelly Bean update... any workarounds?
ultimatebob
Enthusiast - Level 2

For what it's worth, I found the solution to my problem on another forum:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/674905-unable-disable-full-screen-calendar-notifications-...

Perhaps someone else will find the fix useful.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can no longer disable calendar notifications after Jelly Bean update... any workarounds?
ultimatebob
Enthusiast - Level 2

Could someone at Verizon at least pretend to care about my problem and give me a response?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer community forum where customers can give suggestions and advice to other people about their questions. Not everyone who reads this community responds to every single post nor do they have a comment/solution for the posts their do read. You may or may not get a response quickly from anyone.

While there are a few Verizon Wireless employees from their social media teams that roams the community and can respond to unanswered questions. They participation is sporadic and isn't guaranteed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ultimatebob
Enthusiast - Level 2

>You may comment about moderation via direct messaging to the admin or the moderators<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe you should read the Terms of Service here. Such discussion on modifying devices isn't allowed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pcryan23
Enthusiast - Level 3

>Attacking post deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
ultimatebob
Enthusiast - Level 2

For what it's worth, I found the solution to my problem on another forum:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/674905-unable-disable-full-screen-calendar-notifications-...

Perhaps someone else will find the fix useful.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Thank you for posting the fix you found, not enough users do that.

0 Likes