Can I use my Galaxy S6 in France?
spdGT
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anybody have experience using the Galaxy S6 in France?  Is it possible to pop in a prepaid sim card bought over there?  I've read conflicting answers online.  It sounds like the phone is unlocked.  The Verizon plans seem like a lot less data  for more money.  My billing cycle has already started so I'm afraid of the plan being prorated and I'll get less data.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S6 in France
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

France is an awesome place to visit spdGT! And what better place to enjoy your Galaxy S6 than France. Of course you can use a prepaid global sim card. Before doing so, have you checked out our global plans? We are more affordable than you think. When did your bill cycle start? Once you provide us with some info then we can customize a solution for you. In the meantime, here's a link to check out our global offerings. http://spr.ly/6586BPQvq

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

France is an awesome place to visit spdGT! And what better place to enjoy your Galaxy S6 than France. Of course you can use a prepaid global sim card. Before doing so, have you checked out our global plans? We are more affordable than you think. When did your bill cycle start? Once you provide us with some info then we can customize a solution for you. In the meantime, here's a link to check out our global offerings. http://spr.ly/6586BPQvq

ArnettH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
spdGT
Enthusiast - Level 3

It looks like the billing cycle started on November 3rd.  I'll be gone from November 25th thru December 2nd.  I wasn't sure if the plan would be prorated at that point.  It looks like the least expensive plan is $40 for 100 MB and that's not a lot of data, especially if it is prorated.  It looks like the next step up is $80 for 250 GB and that's too much to pay when I see sim cards much cheaper. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gotcha! Thanks for getting backto us spdGT. We certainly want you to stay connected while in France. When I was visiting France, I purchased a prepaid sim card and the total cost was more than our plans. Most companies charge for the actual sim card. We would love to earn your global business on this trip. Hopefully you will reconsider and choose one of our plans to enjoy. Also, keep in mind that once you get back the $80 plan can be prorated. What do you say my friend?

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes